Friday, May 20, 2005

What A Great, Dreary Day!

So today the weather is dreary making people actually WANT to stay inside and work. And I would be more than willing to do that, if I had work to do.

BUT INSTEAD....

I get a drunken phone call from Todd while watching the new Bridget Jones movie (from Netflix) during which I got all misty (watching the movie, not the phone call from Todd) where Todd got all drunken and waxed poetic about how his grandma would have loved me and would have thought I was a perfect Mrs. P because of my birthing hips and my intelligence (I wonder which one would have rated first). He also swore at passerby and hit a garbage truck, but still. It was sweet hearing my boy say I love you drunkenly when I would tease him by saying it all sweet and nice. It was really sweet. Really.

Then
today at work we had a corporate thingie for FOUR HOURS which wasn't that bad, just made you all weird and heady from sitting that long paying attention to the HR guy. When I got back I wrote up some of the notes from the meeting and then started working.... and then randomly all these British people in suits are in the hall next to the editor-in-chief's office.... with A DUTCHESS! (I won't say which one).

Apparently we publish one or many of her books. She met the mail guy (who happened to be talking to the editor-in-chief's assistant), and then talked with all of our higher-ups. One of her security guys, this weird English guy with a ponytail was standing over by me, lording over and generally making me uncomfy. So I walked away, trying not to be fazed that the British version of the Secret Service with a ponytail was three feet from me.

But then, when the whole troupe was about to leave, the Dutchess herself popped over to meet me who was according to her "clacking away and very hardworking". She, on the other hand, looked really run down. But nice enough. AND HER HAIR WAS GOREGOUS. This is what I will remember! I love my job, I love my job I love my job!

In other news, I FINALLY got to watch the OC. I went down to Radio Shack bordering the ghetto neighborhood near mine. The sales guy tried to hit on me, but to no avail. (A hint: saying "Do you think Spanish music is sexy?" is NOT an effective come-on line) So after three tries of connecting the antenna, the DVD player, the VCR and the TV, two hours, a delicious Dunkin Donuts chocolate strawberry latte (try them, they're delicious and cheap!), AND the TV falling off the stand JUST as Jackie was getting home, I was regretfully lost on Kirsten's drinking and Seth & Summer drama.... but I still enjoyed the episode. Jackie, of course, thinks I'm crazy...... but that's OK because I think she is too.

And the Chinese place by us SUCKS.

No comments: