Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Identity Crisis Time

Now that I have far too much time on my hands and not enough friend-time OR cable TV, its time for the all-encompassing identity crisis! Yes, folks, this is where the Meg you know becomes Meg unhinged, where she tries a bunch of new hobbies and/or behaviors to see if she can possibly alter her reality to make her look like something out of a 50s PSA.

She tries to place the blame of the problem (and the third person speak) onto something or someone else.

Hmmm..

Work? (although seeming to take up more time than before, even though we are only spending about 10 minutes more at work a day now) No. Meg still likes her job, although we should buy books so Meg doesn't waste company time on the blog.

School? Nonexistent. Moving on.
Lack of school? I'm lame but I'm not that lame.... right?

Love? Nah.. I'm actually happy with Todd right now. Drunken phone calls and forgetting about what was said in them, and dragging me to a bar with an awful KISS cover band included.

Friends? This could be partially it. Although more in touch now than I was with my at-home and in-MN friends, Autumne & Amanda have disappeared and Michelle has been gone. So this could be it. Not much I can do about it unless I want to hang out with Amanda's "coke friends".......

Money? Actually pretty satisfied -shockingly. Although massively in debt.

Living Situation? A little bit. Jackie's driving me up the wall with her worrying. But that will be OK.... I'll get used to it. (I hope!). But griping to Todd helps because then he relays stories about Pam & Eamon.... and I feel all better. Plus, telling Jackie no is quite fun - sometimes you can almost see her head blow off (just kidding, its not THAT bad...)

I think it's just that Heather is coming from home (she'll be here Saturday), and I'm not sure if she's going to see ME or just "the lifestyle". And I want anyone, just anyone to see me for me and not for NYC for a little bit. From home, I mean. I just want to go get coffee or sushi and talk about something other than how glamorous or cool I am.

Because frankly, I'm not. (but, really, I am).