Wednesday, May 18, 2005

How Cute Is That?

To complete morph from yesterday's bad attitude (which, by the way, the lyrics from NEW YORK, NEW YORK did NOT cheer me up at all.. I hate when anyone invokes that song, thinking it will embody everything and anything about this large mass of a city. So to you I say... well.. I'm at work so I don't want to swear, but

AT LEAST POST YOUR NAME SO I CAN YELL AT YOU OTHERWISE! Grr..

So anyway, I saw something totally cute today on the train. I noticed that whenever I make it to the train in time in the morning to sit in the train cars in the middle, there's a couple sitting near me. They're about my age, maybe a bit older and the guy's questionable in ethnicity although they're both probably very black professional. They hold hands or he keeps a hand on her leg or whatever from when I get on at 181st until she gets off at 145th. They talk a bit but mostly just listen to his MP3 player (where each of them has one ear bud thingie in) and when she gets off the train, she gives him a long kiss on the cheek. You know the kind when someone doesn't like the PDAs in public, especially not on the subway.

But what's great about it is that she stands up, straightens up and then leans over to kiss him. And he closes his eyes.

I see them every time I manage to make it to that car. I realized it this morning, because it was the third or fourth time I've made it to the middle of the train where you can sit down and it's not as crowded. And I recognized them, because she's very pretty and reminds me of an ethnic version of my friend Justin (which made me miss Justin!!).

And then I thought, I Want That. And then I realized that I have that. I'm just too stupid to realize it sometimes. I demand so much out of Todd, and he gives what he can and then watches me pout when I don't get what I wanted, until I realize I'm being stupid. And I'm sure the couple on the train has similar problems.

Regardless of how many friends I have, I do have a couple who I'm so close with I could share headphones with them. People that will call me when they're passing by my hometown, even though I'm miles away, people who will build my furniture for me in my new apartment and people who won't ask me for the sixty bucks I promised to give them if they brought me cigarettes (there are hopefully a LOT of those.)

But all in all, I can't complain about my life. Because it's damn good.

And by the way, I know people who could "make it" in New York and fail miserably in a small town in the Midwest. So pooh on you, Frank.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but feel that my musical posting was not received with the irony with which it was intended.

I apologise for any offence taken.

Frank x

Meg said...

Only certain people spell "offence" with a C:

1) people who got only check marks, and not stars on their spelling homework in 5th grade

OR

2) People that come from the United Kingdom.

So, hi James.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site Paris hilton fre sex clip Micro bikini gallerys Free asian blowjob pictures Comic blowjob Freepixs trannys showing cocks Big gay dick fucking Juicys 84 ass Big foot fetish tgp Pregnant never sex dubai sex literotica Paris hilton cologne for women Lesbianas expertas