Thursday, May 19, 2005

Finally! Furniture, Food, and Fabulous!

I was getting really frustrated about paying rent to sit on the floor. So I went on craiglist, found a nice sofa and the person listed it as on our block. So I emailed and then called-

It was the girl DIRECTLY below us, who had come up the week before to tell us not to wear our shoes in the apartment in the morning (our floors and ceilings are basically soundproof-LESS: everything, and I mean EVERYTHING echoes and blasts away at your consciousness until you're going to explode. Seriously. I had an episode with a dog upstairs and a bone...)

So now I'm buying a blue velvet couch from her. It's great!!! I love it. I'm really excited about sitting on my couch watching old HISTORY CHANNEL documentaries with Todd on the World Trade Center and the Freedom Tower (he is being forced by his mother to show around her class of schoolchildren and teach them everything about the buildings, or lack thereof.)

AND I rejoined Netflix, now that I have a mailbox that CLOSES and is LOCKED, so that I can watch the complete DVD seasons of Golden Girls too......

AND i'm buying an antenna so we can watch the crap on network TV (hello, golf! but also: hello, METS GAMES!!)

Its finally starting to feel like I should pay to live there.

Another note for all you classic TV watchers, especially those that specialize in late 80s and 90s programming, as I do: my roomie, the illustrious Jackie, had never heard of CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL before.

Can someone explain to me how you can ignore or forget Sam & Melissa Joan Hart?

Yet again, I don't think a girl that had never seen THE GOONIES until about a week ago can talk. (Boy, is Sean Astin a hottie! And what about that older brother.... whoo! He can crawl around in MY cave anytime!!!)

Another Goonies mention: James really DOES look like Corey Feldman, floppy hair or not. Just wait till he moves to NYC. You'll see.