Thursday, June 16, 2005

Don't Normal People Bloat?

This morning I had a serious fear. It started last night when I felt the onset of my monthly mojo coming on with a series of pelvic and rib (i don't know why) pain and cramping.

The fear wasn't about the pain, since I have a grin-and-complain-about-it attitude, but it was about those lovely size 10, editor-style, black with true white pinstripe pants. I was fearing THE BLOAT would make them too tight.

But instead, they fit fine this morning. And by 1pm today... THEY WERE LOOSE.

Maybe I should have gone with an eight.

In other news.... Cingular Wireless is trying to break me and Toddy Todd up!

Seriously. I broke the antenna on my first phone from them, and it still worked in Bklyn so I didn't change it until I moved uptown. Then I exchanged the phone for a new one, and that one worked fine. Suddenly this week, THIS NEW PHONE is only getting 2 bars anywhere in the apartment.... so I have to yell at the Chinese restaurant lady to get my order in...

And I think Todd doesn't have time to talk to me - while HE's trying to call me(hopefully multiple times, as I inferred from his email), thinking that I'm the one blocking the calls.....

Oh... and while doing laundry at the laundromat? 4 bars. Spent the entire time talking to my mom.. spare the time when I had to hang up to move clothes from the washer to the dryer. I forgot how effective talking to someone like that is.

Apparently my dad is TOO excited about this whole NY trip. He packed on Monday, has been pacing around the house ever since (driving my mother CRAZY) and left my house in WI at about 7:30 AM NY time. His flight comes in at 6:30... and me being the lucky bitch that I am, get to leave work an hour and a half early to spend a blissful hour and a half on the A train going to JFK, listening to my Ipod and wondering if Dad will notice how skinny I am.