Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My Roommate Likes My Boyfriend

I had an odd faze of green last night. So I'm sitting in my living room, telling Jackie and her friend Yfasie (I don't know how to spell it REALLY, so I'll try phonetically) about how drunk Todd said we'd have to have two weddings if we ever got married (one for Wisconsin, one for PA).

So J made a joke about having a pole at my wedding... which I thought was funny, and decided to text Todd about it. AND HE TEXTS HER BACK. Mind you, he hasn't called me like he said he would - which wasn't a big deal, but she got like three or four more from him and wouldn't tell me what they were because "they had gotten into witty banter". Can you see the green on my face yet?

Now I'm all about privacy - you don't have to tell me what you're saying to your friends, but when it comes to sexual inneundo via texts to my boyfriend and you're not me or gay, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

Now mind you, like the other time I freaked out all jealous and green about Todd, NOTHING will happen between him and Jackie. I don't think he's attracted to her.. much like the time I freaked out over someone he was talking to in a bathroom line (but she wasn't cute. At all. And I think she had braces.)

But even if it did, I would kill him and then try to take her down.. (I'm not overly confident I could, but I would give it a valiant effort nonetheless) which wouldn't really help things anyway.

So I know I should stop worrying about it. But it's my first major relationship since, well, high school, and I apparently do love him so much it hurts.

And makes me crazy. I still blame it on our culture. If we're nothing without a man,then we will fight our friends to the death for the asshole we've got.

In other news...
* I got stuck in my room last night because of the humidity. My door doesn't really close, and I tried to close it a little to create a *cooling* wind tunnel in my room (there was a breeze in the 80-degree + air last night. Not a good idea. I ended up having to call Jackie and have her shoulder the door open from the outside. Now a big heavy book is on the floor preventing me from claustrophobia at 2:37 am.
* I borrowed a bra to Mimi, our friend from upstairs. Is that weird? Jackie and her friends seemed to think so. I'm going to wash it... It's not like its panties. Nothing leaks from breasts - or at least not mine!
* My dad will be here in about 50 hours. Scary.