Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Size Ten, Beeatch

Yesterday, I was in dire need of flip flops and a replacement for my ballerina-esque toe-cleavage shoes that I so dearly love that make my feet smell.

But moving on... So I went to Payless on 5th Ave. The store was closing up for good, and although there were lots of ugly shoes on sale, they didn't have the shoes I wanted. And since I needed cleaning supplies, I wanted to go down to the Payless on 34th Street to get my shoes and go onto Kmart to buy cheaper cleaning stuff...

So I head down to 34th St, find some cute (although not the ones I wanted) shoes and buy them. At that point, I was ALL ABOUT the shopping (I haven't gone all-out Meg shopping in awhile...) so I decided screw it, I was going shopping for all those things I wanted (essentially summer work/casual clothes) and to get a new pair of pants so that they fit me.

I went into Old Navy.... and then grabbed a size 12 and a size 10 in two different kinds of pants.

In case you didn't know, I've been on a diet/workout regimen for almost six months, taking the steps of a book that just came out. (Email or leave a comment if you want it.) Everyone has noticed - at work, at school, in my bedroom (todd) that I've lost weight, and so have I - particularly in my pants.

In January, I had to take my size 14 jeans from Express to a drycleaners for repair to get them to sew on a belt loop that I broke b/c I was too fat to get them up without breaking it.

Yesterday, I tried on a pair of size 10 trousers from Old Navy... and I had room in them to spare! So I said to myself, "fuck Old Navy..... the mother ship is calling me................" and two blocks later and a run across the street in smelly shoes and I was in the mecca of the 34th Street EXPRESS.

Two hours later I had two pairs of new work pants, a bunch of tank tops (there was a sale) and $250 less credit on my EXPRESS card..... and I brought home my first pair of SIZE TEN JEANS since 1994.

And it feels SOOO good because I worked for it. Every walk in Central Park and every workout before watching THE INFERNO helped. And all my meals of salads and healthy things......
and being able to walk up several flights of stairs without even breaking a sweat
and getting a nice glow on my skin from being healthy
and not having the shakes from diet pills
and having muscle definition in my legs
and for losing cottage cheese in my thighs
and frankly, for saving myself from being one of those "people who weren't born fat but became fat."

I really want a high school reunion right now. And to hold Todd's hand and tell my high school boyfriend who called me fatty last summer that Todd's an engineeer... and is better than him in bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say how happy I am for you. That's fantastic! Keep up the good work. Don't forget to splurge and have a treat once in a while. As long as you exercise and keep eating well you'll stay in your new size 10s! CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »