Thursday, June 23, 2005

I Need to Meet People

Both Jackie & Mimi think I'm in denial, I'm doing so well.

But they won't leave me alone this weekend. I don't think that's such a good idea either, but I also don't appreciate my friends looking down on me (literally - they were standing up and I was lying on the couch) like I belong in a padded room just because I'm not eating my weight in Ben & Jerrys.

So I looked in my phonebook. I called Amanda, my friend Christine from upstate, and Jackie & Mimi, of course. I still have yet to call Michelle, b/c the kind of healing I need is the drinking kind, and she doesn't like to get hammered.

But then today I was bored at work and decided to look at the blogrolling on Reid's blog... and discovered a lot of NYC people (and Mnpls transplants) have blogs.. which doesn't surprise me.. but what does is that Reid didn't go ahead and SAY.. aha! You like me (reid) and so do you, and you both live in the same city.... and soon Meg has more friends.

And in my desperation, I posted yet another ad on craigslist. I just want someone to hang out with and talk music with (something I haven't done in forever, since Todd didn't know half the songs I liked) and have coffee and drinks and not have to sleep with. Is that so hard?

I know it's hard to make friends, especially in big cities. And don't get me wrong, Jackie & Mimi & Amanda (when I see her) & Autumne & Christine & Jody are all excellent... but when no one's returning voicemails, it's helpful to have one more voicemail to leave.

Which reminds me, I should call Jody....

2 comments:

jd said...

Yeeeaaaa! I have a new reader! I love coffee and music! and talking about it and drinking it with someone is great, too!

Kiddo78 said...

I didn't understand what you were saying about me....??? What??

I'm just now feeling like I have a group of friends here -- it just takes meeting one person, then all their other friends. You can do it!!