Sunday, March 20, 2005

I AM a Masochist after all!

So I FINALLY went & got my eyebrows waxed today. From the SADIST eyebrow waxer!

I always get really nervous before they pull the strip off. For something so nice and warm, it shouldn't hurt that much. BUT IT DOES! Every woman can agree with me on this subject. But I'd much rather get hurt in one fell swoop than have to pluck everyday.

To add to the masochistic behavior, I talked to Mr. Todd today. I might be able to see him this week, b/c he's (as usual) too tired today. But it's with good reason at least, this time. Sometimes, I feel like I'm giving and giving and not getting much back. But I think that's mostly MY neurosis, and not his.

I also talked to my best friend Lori today - she's very upset and in a lot of pain. Without going into too much detail, she might get one of her greatest dreams taken away from her - another example of how life may not be fair, but that God exists - and her boyfriend is not exactly being supportive. He's an asshole, essentially.

And to make things worse, I'm watching RUNAWAY BRIDE and wishing that someone could feel that way about me again like Richard Gere thinks of Julia Roberts. But yet again, I'm not Julia Roberts - and every girl knows that the film industry likes to capitalize on women's fantasies and romedys (romantic comedies) are SOOO not set in reality.

But at the same time, I have felt that way about guys. And they have felt that way about me, even vocally sometimes. But it hasn't happened simultaneously for almost six years. Which is a long time for a diehard romantic.

No comments: