Sunday, March 06, 2005

You're downgraded, my friend

So I spent this weekend in my room. With the exception of going to Central Park on Saturday (great!) and to Cranberry's, I was here both Friday and SATURDAY night. Technically, tonight I should have been with Amanda, drinking and carousing and whining about our respective men.

But alas, it was not to be. The bitch didn't even call me to say that she decided to do something (or someone) else. Obviously I'm angry! Not only does this whole escapade make me feel like a loser for sitting here in clothes I intended to wear until it was time to get ready, but it was too late to hook up with anyone else - even though Jackie offered since she was hanging with Ian, who I think is very entertaining and cool and all that. But since she couldn't hear her phone, and I really didn't want to interrupt on Ian/Jackie time anyway, I was here all night.

Three saving graces: 1) Michelle came over with her husband, which was entertaining and interesting. It's been a long time since I had a friend that was married. 2) Megan entertained me for a bit and 3) Autumne did offer me free wine, but was unavailable after that for whatever reason, so I felt that I had some friends out there.....

Oh, and as for Todd? He called but wanted to go running and go to bed instead of coming to Bklyn.. and since he has to help his roomie Eamon move some of his friends' stuff tomorrow after the race, I didn't want to go up to Riverdale to hang out and then have to sacrifice my sleeping in....

But to satisfy my social requirements, I am going to coffee with an enterprising young man I met last week. No worries, just friends, but still. New friends are always good - they still think I'm cool enough to hang out with...

My humor, as usual, saves me - and the fact that the cool girl I was playing gin with earlier wasn't going out either.

Although I did want a drink (or three or seven) I am sort of glad I got this time to rest.. my one night without class next week is going to be filled with a book signing party for my favorite author, Nelson George. Which Jackie is my date for in some hip Soho setting. And then next Friday Alison'll be here, which means I will get absolutely no rest next weekend.

So all in all, I don't have much to be depressed about.

Much to laugh about though: 1) Todd favors running over me (something I like to state often as a joke... not so sure about the reality of that. 2) my old slutty roommate from sophomore year is pregnant with a baby from a guy named Tarz (no lie) that she used to sleep with when we lived together in Lourdes Hall at WSU, and 3) I now have over 200 songs in my "cheesy and retro" playlist in my Ipod.

I never said I have class.....

No comments: