Tuesday, March 01, 2005

What you don't know......................................

Can only make you laugh.....
hysterically... at your desk.... making you look CRAZY

I was bored and decided it would be a fun idea to google my boyfriend. I've googled almost everyone I've ever worked for and myself (which, by the way, will mostly pull up articles I wrote for the WSU newspaper)

So I google and figure there must be something wrong.
This was in the body of the first link I got:
Hershey, PA – Scott J. Newkam, Chairman, President and CEO of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company, announced the retirement of Todd K. P. (HUH? Okay, so that's totally NOT the Todd I'm sleeping with - and I'm not giving out Mr. Todd's last name, that's just rude) as Vice President of the Sports & Entertainment Group, and Director of Corporate Safety and Security, effective February 2, 2005. Then I realize: Mr. Todd's dad has been employed with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company for nearly 32 years, and has held several key management positions within the Company, including blah blah blah...

AND THEN:
A graduate of Hershey High School and Shippensburg State University, P. and his wife Linda reside in Hershey and are the parents of Jennifer, Jaime, and Todd.

AHA! I knew I wasn't insane but it made me laugh that 1) Mr. Todd's parents were this uncreative with naming their children... why isn't Todd a JR? and 2) I couldn't find anything but old cross country scores on my boyfriend, but lots of stuff about his family, not only his dad (which makes sense since he was VP of something) but also his sister Jaime, who is a really great soccer player and apparently made more of a mark on the athletic world than he did, since I could only find old cross country scores for him ....

Don't get me wrong. I adore Todd - but there's a lot of things that are funny about him, just like there are about anyone. (If you want proof, check out my 50 things list, and remember which one of us listens (seriously) to Hilary Duff.)

But, all in all, this blurb about where he's from made me really chuckle.

Hershey, Pennsylvania is known the world over as The Sweetest Place on Earth.

REALLY? Fascinating.

I HAVE to see this town. So few people, so much STUFF:
Hersheypark amusement park, Dutch Wonderland Entertainment Complex, the Hotel Hershey, the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center, ZooAmerica, the Hersheypark Sports and Entertainment Complex, home to Hershey Bears professional hockey team, the Hersheypark Arena and Stadium, and the soon to be complete Giant Center.

Wow. All we have where I'm from is the MARC (Merrill Area Recreation Center), which is essentially a hockey rink set in a field.

I think Mr. Todd's going to be sadly disappointed with the MARC, and the lack of candy-orientated activities and sports teams in Merrill, when he comes to visit memorial day weekend.

But yet again, we do drink at the bowling alley.