Friday, March 11, 2005

What a Wonderful World.............................

After sixteen years of Alzheimer's Disease, my grandmother Dorothy Tebo Lindstrom, has finally ended her suffering.

Everyone thinks I shouldn't be at work, that I should be home, or preparing to fly back to WI for the funeral. And although I'd like to do that, it's completely not necessary. My grandmother passed peacefully and is probably playing cribbage with my great-aunt, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee and holding hands with my grandfather..... who hasn't seen her completely be herself for almost fifteen years.

My mom's birthday was yesterday and she says it was the best gift she could have gotten.

I believe very strongly in a god and in spirits, and I had more proof this morning: I was on the train this morning, and I felt someone right next to me. That's Dorothy telling me not to be sad, and to celebrate my life - and hers - with my friends.

So Alison is on her way - I will see her in six hours hopefully if her plane isn't too badly delayed (Snow both here and in the Midwest) - and at Shade Bar tonight in the Village - she, Todd & I will raise our glasses.... to Dorothy - and to her husband Jack, who are joined again to live the REST of their lives together. May we live and prosper so well!


2 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

Ohhh -- sorry to hear about your Grandmother's death -- but glad she is no longer suffering. Yes, she will be happy to see you with your friends toasting her tonight! Say hi to Alison!!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »