Monday, February 07, 2005

Ahh, the first day of blogging

Hello, hello. I'm going to send out a mass email in a bit, telling everyone of the joy of my blog, which I'm sure only three people will come to. But whatever. My boss, the lovely CGD, is out to another two-hour lunch... and I barely had anything to do in the first place. So this is a good opportunity for me to kill time and look like I'm accomplishing something, which I'm not. (Other than creating an outlet for times like this.)

Okay, so this is not going to be like Fox's broadcast of the Super Bowl (completely G rated) nor is it going to be as tasteless as some of their other programming. It's going to be like a mixture of THE OC and THE SIMPLE LIFE, I think. And maybe I'll be the only one paying attention, but whatever. If it makes me feel better without costing any money, I'm happy.

SO. I sent out ten rejections today. SCORE SO FAR: 10 to me, 2 to them. "Them" of course is the general karmatic world who sent me Todd & Adam, two men who in their attempt to be honest with me, hurt my feelings. But in a good, "I'm going to sob for two days then break out the Chaka Khan" way. And then I made out with somebody else's boyfriend, which always makes me feel good. I know, sick and wrong, but it's a pattern. I can't help if God sends desperate lonely souls to me (hence, Todd & Adam).

Really, both Todd & Adam are good guys. Adam, as most of you know, is just Adam. Unreliable, selfish, and drunk more often than not. But also cute - why I'm not sure. Todd is easier to describe - picture an engineer. An Irish engineer. Got it? Okay that's him. Except its not (which is the best thing about him, as far as I'm concerned.) Why am I flattering my ex, again? Oh yeah, because he's probably one of the few people who will take the time to read the blog.

Okay then. Now that I've said lots of things I shouldn't I should see how this all looks before CGD returns and we have to sit down and go over whatever crap the British publishing industry has slopped together on a Mac for us to look at and reject quicker than you can say "hiya".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There she goes again...trying to send my precious ego crashing to the floor. If a man doesn't have his ego...what does he have? So, now that my high opinion of myself has been keyed, and ALMOST dented a wee bit...I am going to go get selfishly drunk, which will make me completely unreliable tomorrow. Alas...I am just me. I am sure you know who this is by now...I, unlike the masses, am really not into blogging, but I thought I would at least give you the courtesy of a visit, hence the ANONYMOUS posting. I'm glad I am cute...as for anything else...well...I won't go into that here or now. Ciao.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »