Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Editorial Board AND Breakup Sex - What a Great Day!!!!

I wake up today, the second morning with my new "Lola" hair (I dyed it "sangria" which I forgot was Garnier-speak for Annie Lennox on the Eurythmics vinyl album cover) - and thought it was going to be a shit day. Which it has not.

I had ed board today, which is the highlight of my week. The boss & I sit in a room with the rest of our hallway and talk about the books we're working on and the books we're thinking of buying. Today, I learned of: an author who protested outside our building in Rockefeller because of a rejection form letter; that some books (according to the editor in chief) invoke this reaction: Why Cut down those trees? and that there is a difference between professional and amateur submissives (think S&M).

That was Ed board. Now I move onto the second part of my title - breakup sex. I haven't gotten any in a while. Even the weekend that Todd broke up with me I didn't get any.

Really, I've been trying to somehow invoke Todd into action on the breakup sex. But he, only having broken up with one girlfriend before me (The score is Todd: 2, Females: 0, which I find amusing) who didn't put out anyway, does not understand the joy that is breakup sex.

I schemed with Amanda (briefly) on how to get him to come home with me so I could seduce him, but she decided it was unwise to just be straightforward and ask. But after deciding that I am no longer a girl who makes out with other girls' boyfriends, I decided that asking Todd was the only way to avoid a weekend with - well, you know.

So after reading a very scantilous proposal about a professional submissive (those who know me will know why this reminded me of Mr. Todd) and then another proposal in which the character gets some in the first fifteen pages, I was horny as hell and didn't care.

I had emailed Mr. Todd before lunch anyway, because I thought the submissive proposal was cool. Then when he called me, we agreed to hang out on Friday. After an email exchange where I asked him (very straightforwardly) if he was open to a Brooklyn-bound train on Friday, he emailed back and said that he thought I wouldn't be open to this.

DOES HE KNOW ME AT ALL?
I asked him to sleep with me after we broke up. I kept Adam around pretty much for that reason (although romantic delusions had something to do with it as well.)

So now, Mr. Todd is excited (and reasonably so). I'm supposed to call him after class (damn class - I want to be finished - in that way - now!) and we'll see if I can hold off of my batteries until after that conversation.

Okay. So new subject, pretty much based on the breakup sex idea.

The reason I believe breakup sex is great is because you get to remember all the things about being close to that person that you may have missed. Thinking about it today I remembered certain things about Todd that I always liked and simply would not have known if I hadn't slept with him. (an example that I hope won't embarass him is that I was thinking about how unique his chest hair was, something I think I've discussed with most of my good friends.)

I'm trying to think of his smell and even how we fit together when we sleep next to each other and how we fit when we're doing other things when we're awake.

The hard part about breakup sex is that you have to keep romantic delusions out of it. I don't want to get back together with him, because I think the reasons he broke up with me are completely valid, and frankly I'm looking for something better than that.

But that doesn't mean I can't get orgasms in the meantime, right?

I have to admit (and when he reads this, he'll probably get uptight again about it) that in the past, guys have become "into me" again when they have breakup sex. And as much as I like Todd (hence wanting to stay friends, etc) , I might be susceptible to that persuasion if it comes about. But at the same time, in the past, I broke up with them.

All I can say is that I'm looking ALOT more forward to Friday night now. I hope tonight and tomorrow fly by like the rest of the week. I also really, really want to blow off Modern Tech tomorrow night because a) I hate it and b) I could have sex instead.

Either way, I'm in a much better mood now. I love doing reader's reports, which I've done all day, and I love Ed board - especially when I can make jokes, which I did. All is right in the world.

And now I've got to take my pussy to class, which is the LAST thing it wants to do.