Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Breakup Songs

When I find myself in a melancholy or somber mood, or a I-want-to-ruminate-on-failed-relationships-while-drinking-coffee-and-smoking cigarettes, I listen to certain songs.

Well, one popped into my head when I was walking down to the loo. I discussed the friendship flowers with my boss and our office neighbor, and both of them thought it was a nice gesture (I never said it wasn't nice. Confusing, yes. Nice, yes. Do I not want them? NO.) But I was thinking about Todd reading this blog, and what I should say to him now. I'm confused too.

So maybe on the way home tonight, on the train, I'll ruminate to these lyrics. I got them all off a google search by the way. The songs are listed with titles and artist names, lest the RIAA try to sue me.

FORGET ABOUT IT - Alison Krauss
*I used to listen to this walking to school at WSU last year whenever Adam would make me upset. Strangely, it also works for the Mr. Todd situation.

Forget about itI'm admittin' I was wrong
And I'll just take what's mine
And walk right out the door F
Forget about it
I'll split and I'll be gone
And you'll have memories
You'll find hard to ignore'
Cause after all
I see you sometime
Maybe when I can't recall
How you drove me crazier
Forget about it
When forever's over
I won't remember how much I loved you anymore
Forget about those STARLIT NIGHTS
Laying by the fireside
Holding ME tight
I can't remember when I felt so right
So just forget about it

COULD YOU LIE - Alison Krauss
this was a favorite of mine after Todd. And, I guess, now. By the way, this does not mean that I don't want to keep doing what we're doing. It's healthy, especially with the aspects you in particular like.

Could you lie and say you love me just a little
One more wrong will keep us one more night
When quiet fades at the light of day
I see the truth
It's on your face again

*The last three lines were like breakfast on Saturday morning. Awkward as hell where he just wants to get his sex and leave and I was trying to get more of that out of him. Bad situation.

No comments: