Friday, February 25, 2005

Your name is DEBO??!!??

On that last post, Michelle commented:
I love the list. Really funny, and tells so much. Debo, my friend from Baltimore, tells me he'll send a picture, and can't wait to see if you write about what he must do to meet you. Of course, he wants me to take a picture of you with my cell. Yeah, don't know about that.

Thanks, Michelle. I love the list too. I also love the fact that your friend's name is one letter away from being an 80s new wave band which wore red hats in their video. http://www.sohoblues.com/DEVO/previewpages/previewpage1.htm

And now, the rest of you are thinking - BACK UP, BACK UP.

So Michelle & I are in this really boring Thursday class. We were in the midst of a post-class pee when she mentioned that her husband was coming to NYC and that he wanted to meet me because he liked the blog too...

And then she told me about this friend of hers, DEBO (such a great name) that wanted to hit on me when he came to town. So I asked for specs, because both she and her husband used to work for a financial company - which everyone knows they could be Wall Street Hot or Wall Street not.

She also mentioned that Mr. Debo is black, which is fine but made me rant about "D" the All-American football player (also black) with the gold tooth that wanted to hook up with me around Thanksgiving. The reason I didn't go out with him was that he was an All-American football player - and wasn't no quarterback or reciever. The man was huge.

So I asked lots of questions. Here's how the conversation went:
Meg: Is he a big black man or is he a medium black man
Michelle: Kinda skinny actually.
Meg: bones skinny or just not make you feel fat skinny?
(Then I went into why Todd' s so great - fat enough to not make ME feel fat but skinny enough where he's soooo cute!)
Michelle: Fat skinny.
Meg: oh - okay, that's the kind of guy I like
Michelle: So you'll meet him.
Meg: Is he a player (FLUSH)
Michelle: Yeah.
Meg: Only if you and husband (whose name I always forget) come along - oh - (burst of spontaneous smarts!) WE SHOULD MAKE HIM TAKE US SOMEWHERE SPENDY! Like Tavern on the Green, at least 50 a plate and wine by the bottle
(Michelle is laughing). If he wants to mack, at least make him spend a little money.
Michelle: Okay
Meg: We should make him buy us CRISTAL. (and then I mention Cristal all the way home.)

So, Debo guy - if you want to send a pic (and Michelle, let him read this - if he can't handle this he can't handle me!) post it or find someway to put it online so I can link to it.)

Because if the man's a playa, he's gotta pay.

In other news:
My boss is away today and I have become at least 200% more productive because of it.
Going out with Todd tomorrow should provide me with more fodder on Monday.
Selling Dior bag on Ebay so that my friend Megan can buy me a computer on Ebay (pretty much an even trade - gotta love America.)

Enjoy the weekend - I only have 3 more hours in which to be productive.
MKS

2 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

Seriously - for Debo's sake, I hope to god that's a nickname. And for your sake, I hope he likes to "Whip it...Whip it good."

Anonymous said...

doh..posted this bizness to the wrong spot a minute ago.

Playa's got a play..so true. not sure about this spot Tavern on the Green though. especially if i'm ponying up for everyones food and drinks. but maybe we can work something out. so yeah..i don't like to brag but Michelle's right. i am a good looking guy. think usher and denzel rolled into one, complete with the rock-solid eight pack. you'll be impressed.