Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Pagination

So. Today. .

I just spent the last hour and a half repaginating a manuscript for a hospital, whose publication department is headed by a bitch who can't put an attachment on an email correctly.

In an ironic twist, my blog has brought about two more blogs - both from two of my friend Jenns. So check them out if you get a chance. They are on the blogspot too - http:jen0322.blogspot.com & noreason625.blogspot.com. So if you're THAT bored, or want to waste company time like me.

NEW IN MY LIFE:

Last weekend: I made out with a guy named Seth Cohen. Who happens to be Jewish. Who happens to have a girlfriend. My friend at work made me take an OC quiz... and I ended up being Summer, not Anna. If I was Anna, I might have a chance of breaking them up. Now I'm just destined to pine. Very depressing. But back to my story. My new friend Jackie (who rocks) from my classes at Pace introduced us and we came up with a plan to steer him away from his girlfriend who none of their friends likes. I don't think Seth even knows why he's with her, other than its easier than breaking up with her. My position on all of these kinds of relationships is: GET OUT!

(Except when its me. Then I beg. At the Spring Street Station, in the freezing cold. Love makes you crazy. And gives you bad memories of SoHo.)

Back to the story. I start talking with Seth at a party, and we dig each other, and we exchange numbers and agree to hang out on our own. Always good. So he went to the bathroom, and I went in like 30 seconds later to joke with him and generally make him uncomfortable, because for some reason I think that's funny.

Well in the bathroom (where I note, I did not look at the flacidity) he kissed me. (I don't remember who did what, but I still hold true that he kissed me first.) Whoops. That threw Jackie & my original plan to be friends and "get in through the back door " (don't think that way) out the window.

Long story short, Seth got really drunk and lost his phone. He's still checking voicemail, so I'm going to call him today at lunch or after work and tell him that I still want to hang out if he's interested. Maybe I can salvage Plan A after all.

Speaking of Guys: THE LOVE TRYST continues.

There's a Guy in Managing Ed who says hi to me every time he sees me and who I had a great elevator converstation with... which at the end, he asked me where I lived, clearly wanting to talk to me more.

(WHY, OH WHY CAN'T I GO TO MANAGING ED EVERY DAY!!) For those of you who don't work in publishing, there's various imprints - and ME looks over all of them. He works with another imprint, so technically I think it would be okay to date him.

He's not Hot, but he has the Hugh Grant hair that James used to have...

And I think he purposely walks through my hall to see me every day. Not sure yet though. He says hi even though I'm looking down. I want to make a move, but I think I'll wait for another good elevator conversation.

FINALLY!

Okay. I'm done now - my mission for the day is to try to fix the posting settings so that anyone can make comments, not just blogspot members. Although it would be cool if all my friends had blogs - I think some do. If I read yours, will you read mine?

Now that sounds dirty.....

I figured I better organize this a bit. Hence the color-coding.

So, as per the organization plan, I'm going to have a website of the day, or a quote of the day at the end of the blog, probably linking you to something more interesting than me. Today you're lucky & get both:


WEBSITES OF THE DAY:
www.jennsylvania.com - what this blog strives to be.
http://noreason625.blogspot.com - you should ask her anything about metal, including how she's going to witness my attempt to mosh this summer.
http://jen0322.blogspot.com - my friend Jennie in Arizona, the lucky bitch in the desert with a boyfriend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"I'm not just another bum with a book - I'm a historical figure."
Some author to our usually sober, sometimes hilarious southern ed in chief

1 comment:

Kiddo78 said...

I can't believe you called him by his full name!! I hope he doesn't Google himself...Even I haven't made out in a bathroom -- oh wait...yes I have. A few times. Nevermind.