Thursday, February 24, 2005

Inspired by Reid: 50 Things Not Everyone Knows About Me

I spent the first 45 minutes of work today reading my friend Reid's blog at http:kiddo78.blogspot.com - and I got inspired. But then I was disappointingly busy until this afternoon when I decided: If my boss isn't going to work, than neither am I. I'm going to look productive when I'm not.

So here goes. Reid had a list of not-so-well-known facts about him (about half I knew, half I didn't) and while waiting in line for lunch, I thought about what I would say. I narrowed myself down to fifty things, since Reid had about 100, and here goes.

I'll be interested to hear what some of you know (and don't) about me....

FIFTY THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. My name is pronounced MEG-han. Not MEE-gan, or god forbid Maayyygunn.
2. My grandmother on my mom's side was an orphan, because her mother died at age 24 - with perhaps cancer or syphillis. She was Native American, and married a white man who ran off on her.
3. I always hate new trendy music (think Nirvana in 1994, Strokes in 2002) and then get on the bandwagon later.
4. I have a birth defect where my core muscles aren't fully developed. Hence why my ass sticks out so much, and I look like I'm pregnant
5. I always, always, always, wear a push-up bra (WITH padding if possible).
6. I have a blood clot in my left leg because I crashed a tractor in an embankment when I was 13 on my mom's bday (March 10, 1995).
7. My favorite Beatle is Ringo.
8. I have an obsession with Central Park, particularly 72nd Street.
9. I hate sushi.
10. I used to run a radio station.
11. I hate AC/DC and "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns & Roses after hearing it way too many times when I was 14, trying to hit on guys in garages.
12. I don't mind when I call myself SLUTTY but I hate when other people infer it. (I hate hypocracy too.)
13. I'm always the odd-girl-out. In almost every situation. Even when I get my friends (who aren't friends with each other) together. It's my curse.
14. The first CDs I bought were Sheryl Crow (Tuesday Night Music Club) and Paula Abdul (Forever Your Girl) in 1994
15. My brother and I are very creative people, but one year we got brown & black teddy bears for XMAS. I named mine "brownie" and still have him - he named his "Blackie"
16. I am a severe weather FREAK. BRING IT ON!!!! I love crisis!
17. I may say i'm a bisexual, but unforunately, I'm still not active and practicing.
18. I honestly have no gay-dar. Thought Reid was straight, Thought Josh was straight. Even thought I was straight. Until college.
19. I once followed Reid's ass with a video camera through a house.
20. I passed out at my own Halloween party.
21. I separate my friends from being friends with each other because I fear being in a group and being outcasted.
22. I have talked about sex with every boss I've ever had EXCEPT my father.
23. I helped build my parents house when I was 13 and hated every moment of it.
24. A serious side effect of the publishing industry really IS paper cuts.
25. I lost my virginity to the boyfriend who I had the longest relationship with (8 months) when I was 17.
26. My favorite fake flavor is GRAPE -- grape slushies especially but grape Skittles, grape Jolly Ranchers, and even grape cough syrup. (Grape Pucker also fave.)
27. I took away the virginity of a guy named Richard Winfield Adams.
28. My count of guys that I've slept with is more than my age.
29. I take the A,C,E, and B,V,D, &F trains to work, even though the 1,9,2,3 is more convienient, because the coffee place is down there and the A train people don't stare at you.
30. I've worked for black people the entire time I've lived in NYC.
31. I really want to be Jewish. Not really sure why.
32. I, like Reid, have been obssessed with the Titanic since the 6th grade. I actually criticized the movie at 16 leaning into my friends and saying stuff like "that door wasn't really there..." and "pfft" when Leonardo managed to get into 1st class.
33. 6th grade started my obsession with Jewishness and the Holocaust.
34. My best friend in elementary school was named Bobbie Jo. She had permed hair and later, I think, became a slut too.
35. I graduated high school in 1999 with the other 250 kids or so. (Originally in 9th grade we were 312... but.... whatever)
36. When I was in high school, my town of 10,o00 people had the most teenage pregnancy per capita in the state of Wisconsin.
37. I got my job at the book publisher after someone was fired. She gave the intern a lot of her work. My boss only discovered it when the work improved when I started as the intern.
38. I hated my best friend when I first met her (Lori) and thought she was annoying and naive.
39. I have extremely dry feet - which is why I purposely wear socks that make my feet sweat.
40. I failed my drivers test 3 times.
41. I love American Idol because I was obsessed with being a singer until I was 17 and realized I couldn't sing.
42. I'm still figuring out how to win a Grammy.
43. I don't wash my hands when I'm in a public bathroom. My hands are dry and will crack and get nasty.
44. If I shake someone's hand and they say "oooh, your hands are dry" I instantly don't like them.
45. I detest Greenwich Village trendy people. They irritate me trying to look different when all they do is look alike.
46. I hate the snowshoe boot - Ugggg look that's going on with shoes.
47. My style of dress has gotten better but I still show a lot of skin, and wear fitted clothes.
48. I'm a size 12. Although I was dangerously close to 14/16 territory! (and not just at EXPRESS!)
49. I began a diet three weeks ago based on a book we're publishing in May because I was REALLY pissed at the author and wanted to prove him wrong. I'm already losing weight, so I'm proving him right, but whatever.
50. My smoking habit is in direct relation to that I once played Margot Frank, in a production of THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK.

Because its cold and the art people are wayyy too skinny for their own good, no skating tonight. Which is fine because I was going to go to class anyway because we have an assignment due. Even though I DETEST that class. Really, really, really hate it.

So that's it for Managing Ed guy. No more activities scheduled - which is fine because frankly my love life is messed up as it is. Good luck to Reid though (check out his blog).

And that's all. Still no cancelled class. (It's snowing here.)


2 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

I don't think I knew any of that! Except for one -- and I'm still *horrified* that you videoed my ass...I hope that video is erased.

Anonymous said...

I love the list. Really funny, and tells so much. Debo, my friend from Baltimore, tells me he'll send a picture, and can't wait to see if you write about what he must do to meet you. Of course, he wants me to take a picture of you with my cell. Yeah, don't know about that.